July 12, 2007
Michelin Dinner at The Barbaconne
We dined at the fabulous Michelin restaurant, The Barbaconne, located in our hotel, The Hotel De La Cite. The space was exquisite. As soon as I get the hang of this photo placement thing, I'll attach some. I'm a total Luddite.
We ordered the eight course prix fixe which began with abalone on skewers – tres magnifique! Followed by ratatouille puree accompanied by a perfectly cooked legume salad festooned with truffles, carrot, and onion. Next was the ubiquitous Fois Gras with balsamic glaze, chocolate peanuts, and orange marmalade. I realize I've just lost all my PETA readers. Sorry guys, you only live once and you can't tell me that geese suffer from PTSD. Sea Bass with artichoke, mint, kalamata olive puree, sweet basil and tomato followed. Thank God I wear elastic. The next course would repulse many, especially my mother, which made me want to try it even more. Pigeon fillet and potato galette with phyllo wrapped pigeon marrow. These looked like little cigars. The flavor of pigeon very much resembled chicken thigh. I successfully banished all thoughts of pigeon-poop. Many delicious cheeses were served from a groaning cart. We selected the stinkiest and runniest. This again, would totally repulse my mother. The dessert was some decadent chocolate creation that was far too beautiful to disturb. Naturally, way too many wines were served to accurately describe and make any sense at all... Suffice to say, everything was bountiful and fantastic.
Bon Appetit from the Languedoc!
No comments:
Post a Comment